I CAN DO ALL THINGS....

CONTROL
Most people don't like to feel like their lives are out of control.  It is a sense of not knowing what is going to happen, when things are going to happen or how things are going to happen.  It is very discomforting to experience these feelings.  I like to be in control.  I like to feel like my life is in control.  I like to feel like I am in control of my life.  When you face personal challenges in life whether health, family, work or other relationships, that sense of control can certainly feel lost.  So how do you deal with these situations?  Well, this next part is going to be hard for some people to swallow.  I want to suggest that you give control of your life away.  Wait a minute, is this not a contradiction?  How do you get control by giving it away?  Well, honestly I have come to believe over the years that the only way you can ever really have control in your life is to give it away.  


WHO IS IN CONTROL
Generally speaking as people, we usually don't have any problem giving control of our lives away.  What?  That's right!  We let television, friends, newspapers, whatever is popular, rockstars, soap stars, TV stars, professional atheletes, I mean basically you name it and we give it control of US.  If the world thinks people are cool, then too many times people want to "fashion" themselves after those people.  So, if you give control of your life away to those influences of the world that we live in, basically they control and direct your life.  So you have to make a decision.  And the answer should be, "well then, don't give control of my life away to those influences", do the job yourself, right?  Sorta, indirectly.  Again, as stated earlier, if we think us being in control of our lives is being in control we are sadly mistaken.  I used to think I was in control and then I came to the realization that I had no control over my life whatsoever.  And, I still get reminders and when I think I am in control I find out, (SURPRISE) that I am not! 


STRENGTH
We live in a complicated world.  Just because we live in this world does not mean we have to conform to the world.  If we want control of our lives, we have to give that control to the one that knows us better than we know ourselves, God.  Galatians 2:20 says, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."  Can you or I let the life of Christ be revealed in us?  Absolutely.  We are of God as His created beings and His love for us can help us reveal Him in our lives and provide purpose for us that we could never experience otherwise.  And, Phillipians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  To me, that means no matter what the task we have to deal with in this life, God can help us with it.  Do you need to lose weight?  Having problems with your marriage?  Don't feel like you are the father, mother, husband or wife you could or should be?  


ALL THINGS     
All things are possible by us as individuals as long as we have the right motivation.  And, all things are possible in us and through us if we give control of our lives away, to the only one that cares more than anyone else on this earth, God.  As we move forward through life we should learn from our past, but not let it be our future.  We should try and encourage one another as we receive encouragement from others.  We should know that in this life the greatest things we can accomplish are to let God reveal Himself through our lives, living in control through Him!  If you read this blog let me know what you think!  Your feedback and input for ideas and suggestions is very much appreciated.  

Comments

Popular Posts