QUESTIONS, WISDOM & WORRY

QUESTIONS
I don't know about you, but sometimes I have more questions than answers.  Seems like when I was younger, I had more answers than questions.  Again, I don't know about you, but I also had an opinion on pretty much everything too.  But today, I try and gather more information when I am trying to come to an answer or reach a conclusion.  And, with reference to the opinion, I still have one but I try and consider a broader scope of information before I share it.

WISDOM
We have always been told we should respect our elders, the people with the white or gray hair.  Now, as the color of my hair begins to change, I try and think more carefully about what I say if someone asked me what I think.  Sometimes, I don't know what I think.  If you take a look around at the world that we live in, as much as it seems things have changed, they probably have not.  Different day, different faces and names, many of the same situations, just different people.  As for wisdom, if we've got enough of it to ask folks who have walked before us what "their" experience is, we might not make some of the same mistakes.  And, if we can, share something with someone so they don't have to make the same mistakes we made.

WORRY
I think if you look the word worry up in the dictionary, you would find, "negative goal-setting".  Nothing is ever accomplished by worrying.  I have heard of research that says 92% of what people worry about either never happens, is something they can't do anything about or is so un-important that it is wasted energy.  Trying to guess what might happen will only lead you down a negative road and make you physically sick.  Work toward the light instead of the darkness.

As we think about coming up on the close of one year and the beginning of another, I would ask you to consider the following.  Understand the importance of questions YOU answer and questions you are ASKED by someone else.  Use your WISDOM to do the best you can and respect the opinions of those who have gone before you, even if you don't agree.  And, do what you can about what you can and don't worry about the rest.  Life will happen, we just have to happen (and live) as part of it and not let it just happen to us!

Comments

Popular Posts