COMPROMISE OR COMPLETE FAITH THROUGH FEAR

FEAR
Emotions are an essential aspect of who we are as human-beings.  When I was a kid, I had a couple of dreams that appealed to my emotions and my subconscious would serve them up on a somewhat regular basis.  One dream was fun, the other dream was scary.  Today, as an adult, I have come to understand something very important about my personal emotions and one of the strongest emotions of mankind, fear.

FEAR COMPROMISES OR COMPLETES FAITH
Pardon for the discourse from my normal format, but this is a thought that came together this past week and I wanted to share it with you.  Have you ever been afraid about something?  I recently experienced fear (or maybe anxiety) about a few things over which I had no control.  My tension, fear and anxiety did absolutely nothing positive for me and in fact, had the potential for making the situation worse (than I already thought it was).  After this personal experience, I then had a couple of people express to me their fears about particular situations in their lives.  One person talked about praying about their situation but then talked about being afraid the outcome of the situation would be unfavorable.  This person then went on to say they were afraid of what might happen even after they had prayed.  Then, it occurred to me, this individual was in danger of letting their fear compromise their faith.  Had I done this before?  You bet I have, many times over.  Then, as I continued to consider this thought, I realized that fear could also complete your faith.   So my conclusion, either fear compromises or completes faith.  Now lets consider exactly what that means.

FEAR DEFINED
(man’s definition) An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.  A feeling of anxiety concerning the outcome of something or the safety and well-being of someone.  Being afraid of someone or something as likely to be dangerous, painful, or threatening. 

FAITH DEFINED
(man’s definition) Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.  Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.  Hebrews 11:1  says “faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.”  Hebrews 11:6 says that without faith it is impossible to please God.  Personally, my definition of faith is believing the Bible is God’s word, trying to better understand it and apply it to our lives daily and sharing our conviction of its‘ power and impact with others.  Faith is loving, respecting and fearing God so much that we want to do all we can to please Him now and eternally.   

WE EACH DECIDE EVERYDAY
Let your fear be of God, so your faith will be stronger.  Better know God and His word so your faith will be completed by your fear.  Examine your life, make your fear a meaningful fear that will help you grow in spirit and better handle the challenges we face while in this life.  If we believe in God, then fear and respect Him.  Don't let fear compromise your relationship with Him, but when you pray to Him, know He hears your prayers and will give you what you need even though the outcome might not always be what you  think it should be.  Complete your faith with fear, don't compromise it.  Do not conform your life to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds and be what God wants you to be, Romans 12:1-2.  Show Him respect, love , honor and fear in this life and the rewards He will provide are eternal.  

Comments

Popular Posts